Join us on an Arabic-learning adventure of a lifetime!
Turath, in Arabic, means heritage, legacy, and tradition. In our Turath Summer Arabic Study Abroad program, you will learn, explore, and experience Arabic’s past, present, and future while immersed linguistically and culturally in the Arabic-speaking world, offering a glimpse into its diversity.
Our teaching philosophy is deeply committed to rigorous language instruction, exceptional student immersion experience, and cutting edge pedagogy. Our goal is to advance language proficiency, intercultural citizenship, and internationalization of the curriculum for 21st century TAFL, filling the gaps found in most Arabic programs, domestic and abroad.
What is the Turath Summer Study Abroad Program?
The Turath Summer Study Abroad Program is a language learning experience jointly sponsored by Alif Institute, Noor Majan, and Sijal Institute meant to immerse students linguistically and culturally in the Arab world and to offer a glimpse into its diversity. Over the duration of the program, students will have the option of traveling from the United States to Oman and/or Jordan to participate in intensive Arabic courses, enriching cultural activities, and educational trips. Alif, Noor Majan, and Sijal are each leading Arabic language institutes recognized for their commitment to rigorous language instruction and exceptional student immersion experience.
- Arabic language study abroad in Muscat, Oman, and Amman, Jordan. Please check below for program eligibility.
- Given the intensive and immersive nature of the program, applicants should expect to make a serious commitment to learning Arabic during their time with Alif, Noor Majan, and Sijal.
- Beginning, intermediate, and advanced Arabic coursework and group classes.
- Holistic teaching methodology incorporating speaking, reading, writing, and listening utilizing a communicative approach.
- A dynamic calendar of cultural activities and events related to the history, cultures, foods, and politics of the Arab world.
- Educational excursions to local historical and cultural sites.
- Office hours and language partnerships are available in addition to core coursework.
- Competitive cost of attendance.
- The opportunity to build relationships with native-speaker language partners.
- Professional, experienced, and supportive teaching staff.
The Turath Summer Study Abroad Program is open to students of Arabic of all levels. Given the intensive and immersive nature of the program, applicants should expect to make a serious commitment to learning Arabic during their time with Alif, Noor Majan, and Sijal.
- All individuals (college/graduate students and non-enrolled adults) are eligible to apply for both the Oman and Jordan programs.
- High school students are encouraged to apply for both the Oman and Jordan programs as a group with a chaperone through their schools/academic institutions.
- Individual high school students (not part of a group with a chaperone) my apply for a limited number of spots in the Jordan program where they will be placed with a host family.