Sunday, April 25
At Alif Institute
- $35/$40 for non-members
- $15 for students (Ages 13+)
- A socially-distant, in-person event.
- Seating is limited.
Join Alif Institute for a fun, engaging, and delicious iftar celebrating the poetry of Mahmoud Darwish. A giant among contemporary Arab poets, Mahmoud Darwish won numerous awards for his poetry and prose. Considered to be the Palestinian national poet, Darwish explored themes of exile, loss, identity, homeland, anger, love, longing, and hope.
As we dine under the stars, we will enjoy a traditional Palestinian meal (including fattoush, musakhan, and a delicious dessert), poetry recitations in Arabic and English, and a live musical performance. And yes, you will also get a chance to share your own favorite Darwish poems!
This will be a socially-distant in-person event at Alif Institute. Seating will be limited and masks will be required when not seated. For more information, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Sponsors at any level help us continue delivering quality programs! Sponsorship options include:
- Individual/Family Sponsor ($200) – Family sponsors will receive two (2) free tickets to Iftar Under the Stars in addition to recognition on social media and email communications.
- Small Business Sponsor ($450) – Small Business sponsors will receive four (4) free tickets to Iftar Under the Stars in addition to recognition on social media and email communications.
- Patron Sponsor ($1,000+) – Patron Sponsors will receive six (6) free tickets to Iftar Under the Stars in addition to recognition on social media and email communications.
- All sponsors will receive our undying love and gratitude for helping us KEEP ARAB CULTURES ALIVE!
In honor of Arab Mother’s Day, Lent/Easter, and Ramadan, Alif Institute will be accepting non-perishable food and personal hygiene items on behalf of Noor Family Services.
During the months of March 16th – May 14th, you may drop off baby and personal hygiene products, non-perishable food items, or Kroger/Publix gift cards at Alif Institute. All items will be donated directly to NFS clients in need.
We’ll be collecting the following items at our iftar:
- Diapers (ages 3+)
- Pull-Ups (boys & girls)
- Shampoo (babies)
- Laundry detergent
- Ziploc bags
- Shampoo & conditioner
- Bar soap
- Trash bags
- Dish soap
- Paper towels
- Toilet paper
- Fruit cups
- Apple sauce
- Granola bars
- Fruit snacks
- Cereal bars
- Nido dry milk
- Tomato Sauce
- Pasta (any kind)
- Spaghetti sauce
- Canned vegetables & fruit (with pull top openings)
- Mac & cheese
- Individually packages pretzels/chips/crackers
Tuesdays, Thursdays, Saturdays
10:00 AM - 5:00 PM