Mark your calendar for the largest Arab Festival in Atlanta coming up on April 26 & 27, 2014!!
More details will be posted soon....
Please let us know if you have any idea to share and if you would like to be part of the planning committee!!
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Below are some information from last years' festival
Alif Visual Art Exhibit
The Alif Institute Invites All Artists to Participate in the Alif Visual Art Exhibit!
Alif Institute is proud to enrich the Atlanta Arab Festival 2014 with an art exhibit that will take place in Alif’s Event Room.
Visual Art is a powerful medium through which artists communicate feelings, ideas, and culture.
If your art is related to or inspired by the Arab culture, please consider being part of this unique art exhibit.
Exhibit dates are April 24, 2013 through June 5, 2014.
To participate please review Alif Visual Art Exhibit terms and conditions and return the application form by April 1st, 2013.
* Cultural and educational exhibit relating to the Arab culture and Arab Americans
* Performances: music, singing, folk dancing, traditional fashion show, storytelling.
* Fun Activities: Arts and crafts, Henna, Arabic Calligraphy, Face painting
* Games for all age: Carnival style games, bouncing castle, obstacle course, and for the adults backgammon competitions.
* Delicious food from several local Arab restaurants and caterers
* Great shopping at the Souk (market)
WAYS TO PARTICIPATE
* Become one of our Major Sponsors - AAF 2014 Major Sponsor Agreement.
* Purchase a sponsorship plan in the festival information booklet - AAF 2014 Sponsorship and Rental Agreement.
* Rent a booth, rent an information table – AAF 2014 Sponsorship and Rental Agreement.
* Donate to the Atlanta Arab Festival raffle / Donate to help the festival grow.
* Join Festival planning committee - please complete the volunteer form online.
* Volunteer on the days of the festival - complete the volunteer form online.
* Perform at the festival – e-mail us at email@example.com.
* Attend the Festival . Invite your friends. Stay tuned to Atlanta Arab Festival news, like us on Face-book/Alif.Institute.
In 2006, Alif Institute organized its first Arab American Family Day. The event featured educational displays about the Arab culture and Arab Americans, live music performance, folk dancing, traditional Arab costumes show, and various activities for children.
In 2010, the Family Day was grown to a two day event and renamed Atlanta Arab Festival. The Festival and included the participation of local artists, food providers, businesses and organizations.
Over the years, the event became an annual tradition that the community enjoys and looks forward to. In 2013, the Atlanta Arab Festival grew in numbers and drew over 3,500 attendees, more than double the number reached in 2010!
For additional information contact Alif Institute at firstname.lastname@example.org