Deadline to apply: August 9, 2021
Fellowship dates: September 2021 – June 2022
Hours per week: 16
Total stipend for 9 months: $3,500
Must be a current student (undergraduate junior/senior or graduate) or a recent graduate, local (Atlanta), AND identify as Arab American.
Alif Institute is honored to again have been selected to receive another NNAAC Fellow!
The NNAAC Fellowship program is a leadership development training program that has been developed through the National Network for Arab American Communities. The program is designed for Arab American undergraduate juniors or seniors or graduate-level college students, or recent graduates. Fellows will be expected to work 16 hours per week and will be given opportunities to learn about all aspects of a non-profit organization, including administration, grant writing, fundraising, communications, community engagement, and service delivery, among other things. The Fellowship program will run from September 2021 – June 2022, and each fellow will receive a $3,500 stipend throughout their service in three installments.
Fellowship requirements include:
- Reside in Atlanta, Georgia, and able to work on-site at least two days per week (Alif Institute: 3288 Marjan Drive) during regular office hours in addition to some events (weekends and evenings) at Alif as well as in the community.
- Have reliable transportation and a flexible schedule.
- Have a passion for Arab cultures!
- Attend a virtual orientation during September/October 2021, date TBD, as well as Arab American Leadership Days in D.C. in April/May 2022 (this event is TBD due to COVID-19).
- Participate in regular monthly trainings offered electronically by NNAAC.
- Work with your host organization on developing a professional development plan during their fellowship, obtaining additional training opportunities, and receiving important professional support for them to achieve their goals.
Questions? Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Tuesdays, Thursdays, Saturdays 10:00 AM - 5:00 PM