The Alif Institute offers Arabic language courses for adults, toddlers, children and youth at several levels of proficiency. These classes focus on various language skills and emphasize the integration of language and culture.
To enrich the learning experience, Alif Institute offers one hour of Arabic Arts & Crafts associated with the Arabic Language Program for Children & Youth.
Arabic Arts & Crafts program is designed to introduce Arabic folk art, Arabic traditions, and Arabic cultures through various arts and crafts in a fun and casual environment.
Arabic Arts & Crafts are open to all children and youth (Alif students or non-students) and are held on Saturdays from 1:00 pm to 2:00 pm, on days when Arabic classes are held (please refer to Arabic classes calendar).
Adult volunteers are always welcome!
At the end of each semester, Alif Institute students (toddlers, children, and youth) participate in a cultural program, حفلتنا*, featuring sketches, songs, dances, or poems performed in Arabic.
The performances of each class showcase the talent and hard work of our teachers, the students and their parents.
The program offers an opportunity to apply the language skills learned, in an artistic and entertaining form.
* The Arabic word حفلتنا, means "Our Party" and is pronounced "Haflatuna".
- Arabic is one of the world’s major languages, being spoken by more than 350 million people.
- Arabic is the official language of the 22 Arab countries, and is one of the six official languages of the United Nations.
- UNESCO celebrated the 1st World Arabic Language Day on December 18 2012.
- Alif Institute is unique. The only Arab cultural center in the State of Georgia, Alif not only offers Arabic language courses but also opens a window to Arab culture.
- The Alif institute treats you like you are part of our family. Toddlers, children, and youth always enjoy a friendly, inspiring, fun, and interactive environment.
- The Alif Institute teaches Arabic language courses for adults, children, and toddlers at several levels of proficiency. These weekly classes focus on various language skills and emphasize the integration of language and culture. Classes are offered two semesters per year: FALL and WINTER.
- Private lessons for adults, children, and youth are offered by request.
- To enhance the learning experience, Alif Institute offers free, one hour Arabic Arts & Crafts session for Children and Youth students enrolled in the Arabic Language Program. These activities are held after classes on Saturdays.